Example: The Task Force to Improve Business and Stability Operations (TFBSO) mission in Iraq is to reinvigorate the Iraqi and Afghan economies by restoring employment and creating prosperity for the nations’ peoples. TAA consultants deployed to Afghanistan to identify and recommend actions in support of retrograde from Afghanistan, seeking to identify, support, and develop viable Afghan small and medium businesses. Our team provided a host of services and deliverables, including:
- Integration guidance for enterprise resource planning connections to supply chain activities.
- Improvement of DOD value chains, cost reductions in business operations, and procurement activities.
- Improved supplier relationships to enhance supply chain integration.
- Performance metrics to monitor improvements; planning of DOD’s supply chain transformation.
- Advice and recommendations for all activities associated with the vision, mission, and goals of the DOD.
- Research and analysis on an integrated approach, within a defined Supply Chain Operational Reference (SCOR) modeled architecture, for developing technical solutions to logistics domain problems.
- Discussions with logistics-centric stakeholders and staff to capture key information on technology requirements and expansion of BEA products related to DOD logistics.
- Assessments of process and architecture regarding logistics.
- Data strategies for logistics processes and legacy system migrations.
- Contingency plans for logistical matters.
- Communications and logistics systems to permit rapid and effective management of supplies and equipment during retrograde.
The retrograde study resulted in solid and sustainable economic, technical, and logistical capacity in the region. The study improved overall capacity in support of retrograde, raising throughput and improving the ability of U.S. Forces to meet their 2014 timeline. In addition, the study was used to support other lines of operation and objectives, including regional partnerships and capacity building.